Blood cancer happens when something goes wrong with the development of your blood cells. This stops them working properly and they may grow out of control.
This can stop your blood doing the things it normally does to keep you healthy, like fighting off infections or helping repair your body.
There are lots of possible signs and symptoms of blood cancers like leukaemia, lymphoma and myeloma. The most common symptoms include:
- Unexplained bruising or bleeding
- Lumps or swellings
- Drenching night sweats
- Persistent, recurrent or severe infections
- Unexplained fever (38°C or above)
- Bone, joint or abdominal pain
- Tiredness that doesn’t improve with rest or sleep
- Unusually pale complexion (pallor)
Types of Blood Cancer
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS)
- Myeloproliferative Disorder (MPD)
- Multiple Myeloma
Blood tests can include a complete blood count (CBC).
This shows your levels of:
- Red blood cells
- White blood cells
- Hemoglobin – the protein that carries oxygen to your tissues
- Hematocrit – a measure of red blood cells in relation to the amount of plasma
Malaivel Siddha Clinic give Siddha treatment for Blood Cancer.